NATURAL GAS LEAK
Natural gas in its raw state has no smell or color. A “rotten egg” odor is added to make you aware if gas is leaking.
Natural gas leaks can be very dangerous and reported immediately.
If you suspect a natural gas leak in your office area or outside, follow these safety steps:
• Leave the area IMMEDIATELY
• Call University Police at 5431 (318-357-5431)
• DO NOT turn any lights on or off; this could cause a spark, igniting the gas.
• DO NOT smoke or use a cell phone or a flashlight
• DO NOT operate any vehicle or mechanical vehicle that could cause sparks.
• DO NOT attempt to turn natural gas valves on or off.
University Police will contact:
o Physical Plant 4519 318-357-4519
o Power Plant (after hours) 5886 318-357-5886
o Natchitoches Fire Department 318-357-3860
ATMOS Energy 800-692-4694